Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Up next...Atlanta

Lets see west coast teams have yet to win an early east coast game this year.

Does anyone really think we will be the first?

• Our D has sucked donkey balls all season against the run..
    • Our DL has sucked donkey balls all season against the pass rush..
    • Our DC has sucked donkey balls all season against anyone with a heartbeat.
    • Out Offense has shown up at times and defeated themselves on many an occasion..

So far we beat the raiders convincingly and had one really great offensive quarter against CLE on Thursday..

I originally thought this was a slam dunk win.. I have changed my mind..

• Unless the D shows up and stops the running game AHAHAHAHA
    • Unless the offense shows up all game and there are no turn overs AHAHAHAHA
    • Unless slowick figures out a scheme..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    • Unless we beat all the odds of playing an early east coast game in a dome..
    this is a slam dunk loss.

if you have any ATL players on your FF team this is the week to play them..

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Superbowl rematch with the same results.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Matt Ryan's been playing ridiculously well. Roddy White is a legit #1, and Michael Jenkins has been producing big plays with his speed... Michael Turner gets better in the 2nd half, and then when he wears you down they'll hit you with Norwood who can also get behind you in a hurry.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Champ coming back at less than 100% with 2 WR's who can beat us deep... And I could see Turner/Norwood putting up 200 total yards unless we find a way to stop the run early and get a lead.

It's gonna be another game where we have to outscore them to win. That's gonna be tough with a practice squad back.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Matt Ryan's been playing ridiculously well. Roddy White is a legit #1, and Michael Jenkins has been producing big plays with his speed... Michael Turner gets better in the 2nd half, and then when he wears you down they'll hit you with Norwood who can also get behind you in a hurry.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Champ coming back at less than 100% with 2 WR's who can beat us deep... And I could see Turner/Norwood putting up 200 total yards unless we find a way to stop the run early and get a lead.

It's gonna be another game where we have to outscore them to win. That's gonna be tough with a practice squad back.

I was thinking just the same thing even though this is s "home" game for him Unless he is completely healed I say let him entertain from the sideline..

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

With the obvious issues at RB right now, I'm guessing the Falcons are prepping for a heavy dose of Cutler and the passing game. This would be a perfect opportunity for us to catch them with their pants down and shove the running game straight down their throats. I don't know if we have the personal or the experience to pull it off right now but if we were able to come out and run the ball down successfully, slow the pace of the game down some with some slow ball controlling drives that keeps our defense on the sidelines, I say we would have a chance against them. No doubt about it, the Falcons are going to score and score often against us. We'll have to win the time of possession battle and keep our defense fresh so that when they do go in, they can be at the top of their game (limited I know) and hopefully some how get a couple of turnovers. I’ll honestly be surprised if we do beat the Falcons, it would take a lot of things coming together for us to pull it off BUT it can be done. This could be a real turning point for the Broncos if they could pull off an upset in Atlanta.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

We could feed Tater to their D line.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

ATL is undefeated at home this season and the defense looked pretty good against NO last week. Made stops when they had to. Returned an interception 95 yards for TD.

Tough game to predict, but I'll say the odds aren't in our favor. Determining factor being the home game for ATL and 1:00 start.

all i have to say is WE ARE SCREWED! im allready hiding in a dark corner.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

My expectations aren't too high but my hopes are up.
    Merry.

11. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Lets see west coast teams have yet to win an early east coast game this year.

Does anyone really think we will be the first?

• Our D has sucked donkey balls all season against the run..
    • Our DL has sucked donkey balls all season against the pass rush..
    • Our DC has sucked donkey balls all season against anyone with a heartbeat.
    • Out Offense has shown up at times and defeated themselves on many an occasion..

So far we beat the raiders convincingly and had one really great offensive quarter against CLE on Thursday..

I originally thought this was a slam dunk win.. I have changed my mind..

• Unless the D shows up and stops the running game AHAHAHAHA
    • Unless the offense shows up all game and there are no turn overs AHAHAHAHA
    • Unless slowick figures out a scheme..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    • Unless we beat all the odds of playing an early east coast game in a dome..
    this is a slam dunk loss.

if you have any ATL players on your FF team this is the week to play them..
    Not that I really disagree with you on this game, but do you get more pleasure when A.) the Broncos win, or B.) the Broncos lose?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Not that I really disagree with you on this game, but do you get more pleasure when A.) the Broncos win, or B.) the Broncos lose?

When they win and frankly that has not been very often lately..

I enjoy it even more when they win convincingly and that has been VERY FEW and FAR between.. especially when playing good teams.. OAK does not count this year..

I hate to get huge lead and then squeak by.. show a lack of killer instinct or character....

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre Bly

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    I'm going to laugh if all these people are saying the Falcons will have a huge day, and then our D shows up and actually looks like an NFL defense this week. If Champ plays, he'll play his best all season. The reason he wants to play this game is because his family will be there. I'm sure Champ will have our team wanting to play their best. Hopefully our D shows up and we can hold them under 20 points. I think our O can score more than that.
    Why do you never have anything negative to say about our football team? There is plenty of crap on this team that is p*ss poor and deserves to be made fun of. You need to take the orange tinted glasses off my friend. I love the Broncos as much as you do but anytime anything negative is said about this team, you go off on some sort of rant on how were not that bad etc etc.

Face it, we have no defense and an offense that only steam rolls when our QB doesnt play like Jake Plummer trying to throw a football with his left hand.

Thats Fantabulous~~Sterling Sharpe

15. The Following User High Fived Cutler6MVP For This Post:

Early in the season, we had enough healthy RBs to complement our passing offense. Now with the injuries, the opposing defenses will focus on stopping the pass and will set traps. As long as we're forced to pass more frequently because of ineffective rushing, more INTs and INCs will occur. And since our offense will be pressured to put up points, Jay will force plays as opposed to throwing the ball away, because we don't have the luxury of a solid rushing attack, nor a solid defense to depend on.

There's a fine line between playing mistake free ball, and taking risks to make plays happen. A lot of Jay's passes for 1st downs the previous game were pretty risky (lobbing the ball in between short and long coverage in the middle of the field), but had he opted to throw those away, they wouldn't be moving the chains. They'd easily be 3 and outs, since our rushing offense can't be relied on for 4 (or sometimes even 3) solid yards a play. With the type of passes Jay had to throw the last game, and what he trusts his receivers to do, the game could've gotten ugly real fast. Without a solid rushing attack and without confidence in the defense, the passing offense is walking on a tightrope. That's not an easy thing to do.

Contrast that with the Browns and what they required Quinn to do. He only needed to make most of his underneath passes, and mostly as a complement to their rushing attack.

Matt Ryan is pretty similar to Brady Quinn in that they both play poised and try to keep their mistakes down. They both (Ryan in particular) have great rushing attacks to rely on that defenses must respect, so they aren't forced into doing too much every game. With the state of our rushing offense and our defense, Jay & co. don't have the luxury of playing mistake-free ball; they have to score almost every possession, and primarily through the air (very high risk). Incidentally, and only because of the Plummer comments ... Plummer played his best when they didn't rely on him to throw the ball (24(?) rushing TDs and one of the best rushing defenses in the league).

The Broncos have to force Matt Ryan to beat them; if Turner has his way, the Broncos don't stand a chance. With the current state of our defense and our rushing offense, I'm just glad we have a QB that has the arm to make the throws, the brain to understand defenses, and the balls to take risks even after he's been burned.

17. The Following User High Fived omac For This Post:

I think Atlanta's scored 3 times already.
    Seriously don't think I'm going to even bother tuning in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Nolan / Andre' Goodman

We will win this $%#^#%'in game....i don't have any clue as how but we will. C'mon with the year we're having it's highly likely that we beat the falcons and then loose to the raiders....either way $%%# that i'm watching win or loose as long as i have a bowl and enough beer i can ride through anything. Chiefs fans do...
    ...they always act tuff in the club, cause they know i just got searched at the door.

20. The Following User High Fived sacmar For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information