Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Denver Broncos, Bo Nix

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    JJ was my first realistic choice (Bo my 2nd)... so you're speaking to the choir. However... and this is based solely on my own conjecture, (I could be totally wrong) but... I personally don't think they had carte blanche either. No way is ownership cool with losing their #1 and only face of the brand PS2. And that's precisely what we'd needed to trade up IMO. We had zero shot at the top 2 QB spots regardless. #Three and four would have been too prohibitive considering what capital we've burned through last couple of years. Pick #5 would have been one of those very expensive 'your ass if not homerun' pick. And who knows if we'd even been able to win a bidding war with that one. I really don't think a PS2 trade was ever an option anyway. Let alone for the 5th QB in the draft. So what are we left with?

We couldn't trade back because the Raiders were sitting right there needing a QB along with a couple other teams sitting not too far back. And WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A 2ND ROUND PICK.

This maybe not a panic pick... but it was a must pick ...and our hands were tied with what was left for us. We had to pull the trigger on a QB. We are just really fortunate that the QB that naturally fell to us is also a good fit for us and probably a top 3 on Sean's wish list.

It's still not a top 10 pick and it cost us nothing but our natural RND1 pick. Coach is naturally going to play it all peaches and cream.
    If ownership wasn’t willing to do WHATEVER it takes to secure the future of the franchise they don’t bring in Sean and they don’t fire Russ owing him what we do.

I think they’ve shown they’re willing to do whatever they have to in order to get where they want

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

People need to realize that when coach said Bo was 3rd on their QB board only behind CW and JD he wasn't lying. It's obvious when you just look at the other prospects.
    JJ is too much of a mystery. SP is all about production on the field, just look at the rest of our draft, all of them were high production guys. JJ also is not a personality fit with Sean. Sean learned from and is cut from the same cloth as Bill Parcells, he is old school as they get in today's NFL. He is not going to naturally jive with a kid who meditates before games with his shoes off. Bo is a football junkie gym rat type, he's basically a young Sean Payton.

Drake is too much of a fundamentals/technique project. Those aren't the kind of guys SP coaches, he wants guys who have all those things in place and he can design an offense that works to their strengths. I imagine parts of Maye's film gave Sean Payton headaches.

Penix is just not a scheme fit. SP Ll but said they were going to take Bo if Penix was still on the board when he said "The Raiders liked Penix"

I also absolutely believe that the Vikes didn't trade up that one spot to protect against us, I think they were protecting themselves against the Raiders trading up.

Bo was the 6th QB taken but to SP he was the 3rd best option and easily the best realistically obtainable option.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    People need to realize that when coach said Bo was 3rd on their QB board only behind CW and JD he wasn't lying. It's obvious when you just look at the other prospects.
    JJ is too much of a mystery. SP is all about production on the field, just look at the rest of our draft, all of them were high production guys. JJ also is not a personality fit with Sean. Sean learned from and is cut from the same cloth as Bill Parcells, he is old school as they get in today's NFL. He is not going to naturally jive with a kid who meditates before games with his shoes off. Bo is a football junkie gym rat type, he's basically a young Sean Payton.

Drake is too much of a fundamentals/technique project. Those aren't the kind of guys SP coaches, he wants guys who have all those things in place and he can design an offense that works to their strengths. I imagine parts of Maye's film gave Sean Payton headaches.

Penix is just not a scheme fit. SP Ll but said they were going to take Bo if Penix was still on the board when he said "The Raiders liked Penix"

I also absolutely believe that the Vikes didn't trade up that one spot to protect against us, I think they were protecting themselves against the Raiders trading up.

Bo was the 6th QB taken but to SP he was the 3rd best option and easily the best realistically obtainable option.
    If we traded back he most likely would’ve been gone, and what then?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like how Bo went to Oregon Ducks to be with his brother, Tez Johnson. I always thought Bo didn’t hack it in the SEC, but that wasn’t true. The Nix’s became Oregon Ducks because of their sons. It’s an awesome story.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If ownership wasn’t willing to do WHATEVER it takes to secure the future of the franchise they don’t bring in Sean and they don’t fire Russ owing him what we do.

I think they’ve shown they’re willing to do whatever they have to in order to get where they want
    Just because you want something really, really bad doesn't mean you're going to get it. You have to have willing trading partners AND trade capital. It really came down to weather everyone in the room wanted to throw all caution to the wind for either Penix or JJ. I like JJ, but I wouldn't stake everything on that pick. Now for the #1 pick sure. Maybe the #2. But neither of those were even an option for us.

Russ had to go regardless, his contract was ridiculously prohibitive even for good QB play ...let alone what he was cooking up!

If we traded back he most likely would’ve been gone, and what then?
    That's why Coach did an emergency backup with Z. Wilson. Luckily the right QB fell to us. I'm feeling really fortunate right now how things played out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I choose to believe that this is just lip service, because it’s ludicrous to suggest that Nix is a better prospect that Maye.

I won’t argue JJ and Penix, but only because of Penix injury history. Nobody doubts, or is even remotely ambiguous or equivocal, about his arm talent. Zero “he fits the system” complements in his reports.

If SP truly had Nix ranked ahead of DM and MP then I hope his tenure is a short one.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

“Fits the system” is not a good thing.

Mahomes didn’t fit Andy Reid’s system and they drafted him and turned him into the player his arm talent was made to be.

Broncos need Bo Nix to be special, Jarrett Stidham already “fit the system”. Stop settling, Broncos fans, Bo Nix has to be Top 10 minimum.

I think it was Daniel Jeremiah that compared Nix to Jalen Hurts, settle for nothing less, people. Jalen Hurts didn’t fit the system, he was drafted on merit.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

good Lord you are such a downer.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    That's why Coach did an emergency backup with Z. Wilson. Luckily the right QB fell to us. I'm feeling really fortunate right now how things played out.
    Doesn’t jive with your earlier statement about Sean not being given carte Blanche, said another way, he didn’t get what he wants and had to make concessions.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    “Fits the system” is not a good thing.

Mahomes didn’t fit Andy Reid’s system and they drafted him and turned him into the player his arm talent was made to be.

Broncos need Bo Nix to be special, Jarrett Stidham already “fit the system”. Stop settling, Broncos fans, Bo Nix has to be Top 10 minimum.

I think it was Daniel Jeremiah that compared Nix to Jalen Hurts, settle for nothing less, people. Jalen Hurts didn’t fit the system, he was drafted on merit.
    Or maybe a SB winning and HOF potential HC knows more than you about evaluating QB skillsets. Possible.

Mahomes wasn’t drafted on “fit the system” but if you don’t think Andy evaluated whether he fit what Andy wanted to do then you’re not very bright

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

good Lord you are such a downer.
    I’m ****** Jacked, Chaz!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I can’t remember the last time the Broncos had 3 QB’s with starter talent.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Or maybe a SB winning and HOF potential HC knows more than you about evaluating QB skillsets. Possible.

Mahomes wasn’t drafted on “fit the system” but if you don’t think Andy evaluated whether he fit what Andy wanted to do then you’re not very bright
    Eh. Everyone makes this argument because the pros know more, but the pros are wrong a lot. Like, a lot. Vance Joseph and Fangio are/were pros as well. Kubiak won a SB and he thought he didn't need to update his offense, and that TS was a starting caliber QB.

Mahomes can fit any system and do anything and everything. Reid also tends to scheme to what his players can do physically.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Eh. Everyone makes this argument because the pros know more, but the pros are wrong a lot. Like, a lot. Vance Joseph and Fangio are/were pros as well. Kubiak won a SB and he thought he didn't need to update his offense, and that TS was a starting caliber QB.

Mahomes can fit any system and do anything and everything. Reid also tends to scheme to what his players can do physically.
    Yep, and who is right more often?

Blind squirrel, nuts, etc

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information