Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 NFL Draft Broncos Draftday Thread Apr 25, 2024 – Apr 27, 2024

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm happy they took a QB. I know nothing about Nix other than his dukes of hazard ass name. But listening to him receive the draft call as well as hearing Payton talk him up got me excited about him. The good thing is he's a day 1 starter.

I also didn't realize Tony Scheffler loved the Broncos so much. This was delightful.

"PUT MIKE SHANAHAN IN THE HALL OF FAME"

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That was a great draft for all intents and purposes. The real coup of the day was the trade for John Franklin-Myers from the Jets for a 2026 6th round pick. Dude is a stud and will instantly upgrade the D-line.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Good draft season, y'all.

Congrats on your first round QB. Love you all.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That was a great draft for all intents and purposes. The real coup of the day was the trade for John Franklin-Myers from the Jets for a 2026 6th round pick. Dude is a stud and will instantly upgrade the D-line.
    I agree. Best INSTANT "draft/trade" of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
    I agree. Best INSTANT "draft/trade" of the day
    Unless we play them, or there is no other game on, I haven’t watched the jets in ages… isn’t this guy a rotational D lineman? Nothing I read about him leads me to being excited more than a draft pick at that spot. Enlighten me please!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Bump

#sn€akers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    Unless we play them, or there is no other game on, I haven’t watched the jets in ages… isn’t this guy a rotational D lineman? Nothing I read about him leads me to being excited more than a draft pick at that spot. Enlighten me please!

Yes, the Jets used him mostly as a rotational guy (most teams rotate their Dlinemen regularly) but he’s a force at the 5 technique and should be great across from Allen. All this for a 6th round pick 2 years from now. There wasn’t anyone we could’ve gotten in the 6th that would bring this type of production.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 10 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot teams weren’t allowed to support QB’s after they’re drafted. Poor kid.

Didn’t you just pimp Bailey Zappe a week ago? What gives? Maye has talent Zappe will never have but you’re willing to look beyond the supporting cast for him.

This argument is just dumb, and fun . . . so let’s keep it going.
    The Patriots last elite WR was Wes Welker? They scout WRs like Denver has scouted QBs. Brady's only elite weapons in NE were Gronk, Hernandez (murderer), Welker, and Moss. Everyone else average at best, including Edelman. I can't say I'm impressed with their draft or free agency to address a generational lack of offensive playmakers.

They didn't do much to upgrade their line.

Zappe had some decent tape towards the end of last season with a lack of weapons, so yeah I do think he will stick around in the league for a few more cups of coffee.

Supporting a young QB early is critical. The Bears understood this finally after many failures with Cutler, Trubisky, and Fields. New England has already set Drake Maye up for failure. Minnesota has a decent support system mostly because of Jefferson. Washington could be better, but at least nowhere near as bad as New England. New England could be active at the trade deadline I guess to avoid a Bryce Young situation, but I don't have high hopes.

Caleb Williams, JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Bo Nix all have supporting casts with a chance at success year one.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It would be so funny if the Falcons started Penix game 1 and let Cousins ride the bench.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Yes, the Jets used him mostly as a rotational guy (most teams rotate their Dlinemen regularly) but he’s a force at the 5 technique and should be great across from Allen. All this for a 6th round pick 2 years from now. There wasn’t anyone we could’ve gotten in the 6th that would bring this type of production.
    This is good to know…thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    The Patriots last elite WR was Wes Welker? They scout WRs like Denver has scouted QBs. Brady's only elite weapons in NE were Gronk, Hernandez (murderer), Welker, and Moss. Everyone else average at best, including Edelman. I can't say I'm impressed with their draft or free agency to address a generational lack of offensive playmakers.

They didn't do much to upgrade their line.

Zappe had some decent tape towards the end of last season with a lack of weapons, so yeah I do think he will stick around in the league for a few more cups of coffee.

Supporting a young QB early is critical. The Bears understood this finally after many failures with Cutler, Trubisky, and Fields. New England has already set Drake Maye up for failure. Minnesota has a decent support system mostly because of Jefferson. Washington could be better, but at least nowhere near as bad as New England. New England could be active at the trade deadline I guess to avoid a Bryce Young situation, but I don't have high hopes.

Caleb Williams, JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Bo Nix all have supporting casts with a chance at success year one.
    And everyone else is doomed.

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Bailey Zappe is a scrub, great eye for talent.

“I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac87 View Post
    The Broncos habitually neglect the DL, so any hint of hope is worth getting excited for.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jaded View Post
    The Broncos habitually neglect the DL, so any hint of hope is worth getting excited for.
    He started 50 of 51 games and has a high pressure rate. He’s not a scrub rotational guy.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information