Page 386 of 431 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 6459

Thread: 2014 other games thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    I don't think Pete Carrol gets nearly enough credit. Over the last few years he's been one of (if not the) best coaches in the NFL.
    There's no doubt about that, but, and maybe I'm just totally biased, but for whatever reason, it feels like Seattle always gets the luckiest breaks when they need it most. Like always.

I hope you like REALLY tropical climates, Pete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don't think Pete Carrol gets nearly enough credit. Over the last few years he's been one of (if not the) best coaches in the NFL.
    He's a good coach, ive always liked him despite some of his smugness but they got some very lucky breaks with the onside kick and the hail mary 2pt conversion. That doesnt have anything to do with coaching there.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Damn - Seattle is f'n salty good. Attitude triumps. Have to want to win.

6. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    You could use this as a lesson to never, ever give up....something we seem to have lost these last few years.

It was a amazing game, but I just hate Seattle so much....
    Thats some 2000 Ravens shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im pulling for the Pats. Wont bother me if the Colts but im not sure the Colts can beat Seattle but then again after watching them comeback after being down 16-0 im not sure anyone can the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I wonder what packers boards must look like. Lots of suicide proclamations I suppose. I feel your pain little buddies. You guys probably just need to R.E.L.A.X
    Probably about like it did here last week

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

only bright side, one of the guys I work with had a smug smile after the super bowl last year, he is a GB fan....

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    Probably about like it did here last week
    I doubt it. We had a bad game from start to finish and were never really in it. Greenbay simply bent over and let Seattle have its way with them after dominating 90% of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

You're right, I'm not a fan of his but he's winning and going for his second Super Bowl win in two years. Hats off to him.

Carroll is the best coach in the NFL right now period.

Great interview with WIlson - true emotion and heart. Hope they win it. That attitude is fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There's no doubt about that, but, and maybe I'm just totally biased, but for whatever reason, it feels like Seattle always gets the luckiest breaks when they need it most. Like always
    Especially in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I doubt it. We had a bad game from start to finish and were never really in it. Greenbay simply bent over and let Seattle have its way with them after dominating 90% of the game.
    We were in it in the 3rd quarter when it was 14-10 but once they started swinging we hit the gound like fainting goats.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I guess I'll look at it this way. Sea fans will be so happy they will spend more money with me....heck I'll make a green and blue quilt....I love those colors....which has made all this sucking so much worse.

Enough knitting back to sewing....thanks for the fun and almost big, big happy....you're the best!
    Getting Stoked

I'll root for anyone against the Patriots. If it it's Patsies/Seahawks, I'm rooting for SEA. If Indy gets in then I'll be a Colts fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    With 4 minutes left and they intercept the ball and just slide and call three run plays and not even try to get a first down. JMHO. It's playoff football. GB got the lead and tried to sit on it and played not to lose.
    Remember Lions@Cowboys, when a rookie stripped Stafford, tried to run, then got stripped in return? Not only did he keep Detroits season alive on a play that should've ended it, but the change of possession gave them a FIRST DOWN instead of 3rd and forever. Sliding was the right play there; Green Bay just has to either 1) get a first down or 2) not give up 3 straight TDs to an offense they'd SHUT OUT for 55:00.

I frankly think they flat got outcoached, especially Carroll vs. Capers. That fourth quarter and OT was the same Seattle offense and Pack D that had been out there all game, but suddenly the total dominance throughout 3½ quarters completely reversed. And when a Pete Carroll team's got 4th down in the red zone down 16-0 in the second half of a Conference Championship, how do you NOT play the fake? The FG's nearly automatic anyway, and it's still a two-score game either way: Just don't give up the low percentage TD.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information