Page 310 of 769 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 11524

Thread: The Official Denver Nuggets Thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I may be confused, but it sounds like Portland gets Felton and Hamilton, and all the Nuggets get is Miller, according to Katz on ESPN, but this is what Hochman said:

so, if it all works out, Denver gets Faried (who it drafted) and then trades Felton to POR for A Miller and J Hamilton (acquired from DAL)
    http://twitter.com/#!/nuggetsnews

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

two sources have now confirmed to me that YES, the #Nuggets get Hamilton.
    from what i've been told - dal trades hamilton to por for rudy f. then, por includes hamilton, with andre miller, to den for felton

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I may be confused, but it sounds like Portland gets Felton and Hamilton, and all the Nuggets get is Miller, according to Katz on ESPN, but this is what Hochman said:

that makes it sound like we're getting hamilton-- whoever the hell he is. . .

stupid trade, i don't understand what they're trying to accomplish or why they're so desperate to just give felton away. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

No way is it going to be straight up Felton for Miller..no way..if so, that is as stupid a trade as we have seen in years...It had better include Hamilton and Milller. If not, then someone is smoking crack

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that makes it sound like we're getting hamilton-- whoever the hell he is. . .

stupid trade, i don't understand what they're trying to accomplish or why they're so desperate to just give felton away. . .
    More than once, Felton stated that he wanted to start, and Ty is the Nuggets starting guard.

In regards to Hamilton:

Jordan Hamilton goes #26, then traded to Portland

Hamilton was a two-year player on the wing who finished his career ranked 31st in UT history in career scoring with 1,012 points in 70 career games (14.5 ppg). He earned consensus second-team All-America honors as a sophomore and was one of 10 finalists for the Oscar Robertson Trophy (USBWA National Player of the Year).

Hamilton claimed second-team All-America honors from the USBWA and NABC and third-team All-America accolades from The Associated Press. He led the team in scoring (18.6 ppg) and ranked second on the squad in rebounding (7.7 rpg), double-doubles (eight) and minutes (32.2 mpg). Hamilton topped the 20-point mark in 15 of UT’s 36 games last year.
    http://www.kvue.com/sports/Jordan-Ha...124466519.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Two NBA sources confirmed Denver traded point guard Raymond Felton to Portland for Andre Miller, in addition to a future second-rounder and the 26th pick in Thursday's draft. That 26th pick was acquired by Portland from Dallas, which selected Texas forward Jordan Hamilton, who now is headed to the Mile High City. Portland traded guard Rudy Fernandez to the Mavericks in the deal.

Faried is 6-foot-8 and 225 pounds and one was of the best college rebounders last season. He averaged 14.5 boards as a senior, after two straight seasons when he averaged 13 per game. He also

averaged 17.6 points and 2.4 blocks.

And the 6-9 Hamilton had a nice career for Texas, but he slipped in recent days - a couple weeks ago, many mock drafts had him going in the mid-teens. Hamilton averaged 18.6 points and 7.7 rebounds last season for the Longhorns.

Read more: Nuggets draft Kenneth Faried then complete trade for Andre Miller and Jordan Hamilton - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz1Q9yvjvAm
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

get it now-- hamilton is the forward from texas, not a stiff from the end of portland's bench. . . i don't know anything about him. . . hope he can bring some value, because andre miller certainly doesn't. . . he's a one-year rental at best. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Bucks won this draft.

Keep Bogut. Keep Redd. Keep Jennings.

Add Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston and Tobias Harris.

That's one hell of a team right there, imo. They won't be talked about a lot, but they could make some noise. I know Stephen Jackson is reportedly balking at the move, but I wouldn't. The Bobcats are floundering.

Kemba Walker is a nice player, but he's not a franchise player in the NBA. Not sure what Jordan and Company are thinking.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Faried is a relentless rebounder. He's got crazy energy. Thinks the Nuggets lacked, love the pick someone who will actually rebound and just do the little things with his time. Dude beat Louisville pretty much by himself in the NCAA tourny lst year.

Hamilton can score and has talent. Good pick up with questions at SF going forward, do they keep Chandler, can Gallo handle it?

Miller is what he is, not bad back up to Ty.

If things stay put I like the talent added to the bench and potential mins these guys could play next year.

No lockout please, thanks.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Andre Miller seems like a decent pickup for nostalgia's sake, but also adds to the recent slew of "teams with a washed up point guard to distribute to the real people of interest" (see: Jason Kidd, Mike Bibby). I like it. Also love the kid from Morehead. Hard working, rebounding PFs are exactly what we want. Content with this draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

11. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not totally stoked about Faried, but its good value in the 20s. I LOVE the Jordan Hamilton pick up. He could be a steal.

I don't like the Miller acquisition, but it came hand-in-hand with the Hamilton acquisition, so it is what it is. But, he's a me-first guy, and I thought that's what Denver was trying to get rid of.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Mo, what's the scouting report on Hamilton?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mo, what's the scouting report on Hamilton?
    Slasher/scorer at 6-8, decent defender, athletic enough to guard twos and threes in the pros, NBA 3-point range.

I think it could be a steal. He was a very highly-rated prep player and a real score for Barnes on the recruiting rankings. I love the pick, especially where they got him, and what they gave up to get for him (essentially swapping point guards, and getting two picks, Hamilton and a future second).

He can't/won't replace Anthony, but he can be another 15-point a guy night, kind of like a taller, less temperamental J.R. Smith.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Hamilton was a good pick up. It gives the Nuggets some depth in case Afflalo goes somewhere else. He can play the 2 or 3 and has good size. The kid can score, but with Karl coaching it may take him a year to get some decent minutes. The problem is that he's known for taking too many shots, not passing enough, getting lazy on defense at times and is a poor free throw shooter for a wing man. All of these things may land him in GK's doghouse quickly. On the flip side, he has a great mid range game, and can also shoot the long ball.

Faried is just what the doctor ordered for the Nuggets. How many times last season did we get killed on the offensive boards by the opponent? This guy has the mentality that every rebound is his, and he won't stop working until the ball is in someone's hands. He may be the scrappiest player in the draft, and he's a good defender. I wish he was taller, but he reminds me of Dennis Rodman without the bipolar issues. Great pick for the Nuggets at 22.

Andre Miller is back. The Nuggets made a very safe move here. His salary is non garunteed, so if he isn't working out he'll be a big asset around the trade deadline for teams looking to cut salary. He's still the best point guard in the league at ally oop passes, but I can't stand watching him plod down the court using up half of the shot clock dribbling in place. I have mixed feelings on this move, but it brought Hamilton and a 2nd rounder so I won't complain too much about it.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 06-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.

17. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I found another tidbit that I hadn't heard yet. It looks like the Nuggets may have aquired yet another player last night:

Lakers Trade Draft Rights To Chukwudiebere Maduabum
    Jun 24 2011 1:17AMEL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles Lakers have sent the draft rights to second round selection (56th overall) Chukwudiebere Maduabum to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future second round draft pick, it was announced today.

Maduabum, a 6'9" forward from Nigeria, appeared in three games last season with the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/11062...smaduabum.html

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Looks like Nene is gone.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information