Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Champ about to be on 87.7 the Ticket - will be asked about confrontation with McDaniels

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    meh like i said i see where ya coming from, but i really dont think sheff was the player many thought he was....just me i guess....i also think gronkowski is head and shoulders a better blocker then sheff and more important as a all round TE to denver...i never saw sheff play through pain the way gronk did sunday, and when josh finally started passing gronk the ball he made some nice catches...is its gronk fault he doesnt have 600 yds becasue MCD didnt use TE's??? no it isnt.....and while you see catches as the only stat for a TE, the way they are used in the scheme MCd ran, they were more improtant as blcokers, and gronk started out performing graham there who has long been considered the best blocking TE in the game...so perhaps gronk is more valuable than you realize, but had a coach who just doesnt care about using TE's....especially since we have a guy like decker that started working that role the last few weeks....
    I think Scheffler's frailness became one of our Bronco fan Urban Legends, because the record doesn't really back that up. As Frau said he set up hideous mismatches (like versus SD last year) when used intelligently. I would have thought a guy like McD would have figured that out. As for production his YPC here was crazy, like something out of the 1960's. That, rather than number of catches, is I think a better measure for a receiver. he was over 15 YPc two of his four years here. No other TE anywhere in the league was close. No question he was no kind of roadgrader, but we all have our preferences for skill sets for different positions, and to my own mind blocking ability is at most secondary for a TE. Others differ. I do agree Decker in that role has some promise

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I think Scheffler's frailness became one of our Bronco fan Urban Legends, because the record doesn't really back that up. As Frau said he set up hideous mismatches (like versus SD last year) when used intelligently. I would have thought a guy like McD would have figured that out. As for production his YPC here was crazy, like something out of the 1960's. That, rather than number of catches, is I think a better measure for a receiver. he was over 15 YPc two of his four years here. No other TE anywhere in the league was close. No question he was no kind of roadgrader, but we all have our preferences for skill sets for different positions, and to my own mind blocking ability is at most secondary for a TE. Others differ. I do agree Decker in that role has some promise
    Yea, I'll take Sharpe, Clark or Whitten over Richard Quinn and his world class blocking any day. Give me a tight end that can stretch the field.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

The biggest myth around dove valley was that McD was an offensive genius. He couldnt use talent that he didnt pick, and he could never balance the offense. He is a disaster. He is the equivelant of a fart you are positive is just a fart, then before you know it you have drawers full of poop.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Shuffler is third string in Detroit FFS. Behind Matt Heller. Gronkowski was catching more balls in Denver the past few games before he got hurt.

7. The Following User High Fived robert ethan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    He is the equivelant of a fart you are positive is just a fart, then before you know it you have drawers full of poop.
    Well, we know what your area of expertise is now. If there was ever a doubt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Well, we know what your area of expertise is now. If there was ever a doubt.
    Yes. I am experienced in shitting my pants. Thats how I knew what McD was right away.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I wont miss Josh, but i do belive he still left us some solid core players and a good team concept to build on. We get ourselves a Qb, a legit GM, and some defense we will be back in force next year....we have a ton of guys that should be kept, this isnt like the end of the shanny regime where he left us 12 or so players worth a damn on offense and thats it...haha

we have a legit OL across the board right now playing at full speed and force, we have a legit RB in moreno, a deep Versatile Wr core, A good FB, good special teams, a couple good DL players and Lb's, and some good young youth in the secondary. what we really need now is front seven DL and LB help, a qb, a rb and start building depth with youth
    This, however I am interested in seeing how Orton responds if he still has a job.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    OK 100 high fives....priceless girl....you are the best! BTW where did the chicken/rooster come from????

Elev.....Tned dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken.... I was in bed in great pain for Thanksgiving and my B-Day I need the laugh.......

Frau sweetie what jersey were you wearing??????
    That my DJ Williams jersey. The rest of this post must be answered in the Lounge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Yes. I am experienced in shitting my pants. Thats how I knew what McD was right away.

I resemble this remark!!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Mike Martz isn't. He had the same "I'm an offensive genius and way smarter than you" mentality that rubbed everyone he was the boss of the wrong way. Humility comes hard to some people, and to others not at all.

I don't see why Josh would learn from these mistakes - he never showed one inkling of learning in two years on the job, or of shoring up his weaknesses, so I'm not with you on his future head coaching acumen.

He's not a leader of men. He's a great offensive coach, but he's gonna have to work a long time in this league to get another shot, IMO. If you screw up with the Raiders, there are excuses to be made. If you crash the Broncos off the road in a year and a half, a lot of other owners will be wary.

He'll never have the power he had here, and that will be good for him. But being a good soldier and just doing what the GM and FO tell him to do isn't his style.

We'll see I guess. First step is to be a coordinator again, and he will be. It's the other steps I expect him to fall down again.

~G
    Hit the nail totally on the head! That ARROGANCE that was apparent from day one with the Matt Cassel attempted trade and Cutler fiasco is present right now.

I doubt McDaniels will learn one thing from this experience that will help him be a better head coach. None of it was his fault in his view. You could hear it in his coaching statements where he gave the standard required humble speeches after losses. But, you could see plainly that he didn't believe any of it.

In his own mind he probably would be unable to name a single thing he did wrong or would change about his basic approach to coaching (he might admit certain draft picks and trades "didn't work out as well as we hoped") but there is ZERO accountability for WHY he failed.

If you asked him -- "what specific defects in the way you approached the job led to your failure" and I'm sure he'd be unable to name any. He'd probably totally dispute that there was anything wrong with his coaching style or his approach to drafting players.

He might just as well say that he was visited by one of the plagues of Egypt descending from on high and he was helpless to do anything about any of it. He "did his best and has no regrets about his time with the Broncos."

I think that he'll NEVER succeed as a head coach unless he gets a total personality transplant. Good luck with that Josh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

I am still not sure why people are labeling him as a "bright" coach. It took all of 6 games in the NFL for coaches to figure out what he was trying to accomplish. Since then, look at his record.

Sorry guys, but I would call him bright if he did a lot with a little, but he didn't. He took a bunch of average and second string players ( which clearly he prefers over talented starters) and didn't even play them to their potential, nothing more.

If he were as bright as everyone says he is, then he would at least stand at .500 with a bunch of crappy personnel decisions on his record, but that is NOT the case.

I think everyone has been drinking the Josh McDaniels cool-aid for far too long, and forgot to look at his track record, which stinks.
    Last edited by eessydo; 12-07-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Let's analyze this by winning percentage

Norv Turner : 13 seasons .482 (first NFL job .454) (first two NFL seasons
    Wade Phillips: 12 seasons .581 (first NFL job .500)
    Brad Childress: 5 seasons .527 (first NFL job .527)
    Josh McDaniels: 2 seasons .393 (first NFL job .393)

At the end of the day all you have is your record and his record sucks. I don't think it even remotely comes in at "harsh".

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think that's very harsh, although not unreasonable.

Take a look at how many bad head coaches have jobs and have gotten second and third jobs in the NFL.

Norv Turner was a head coach for how many teams and how long?

Wade Phillips was a head coach for how many teams and for how long?

Childress got a contract extension not that long ago.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I wont miss Josh, but i do belive he still left us some solid core players and a good team concept to build on. We get ourselves a Qb, a legit GM, and some defense we will be back in force next year....we have a ton of guys that should be kept, this isnt like the end of the shanny regime where he left us 12 or so players worth a damn on offense and thats it...haha

we have a legit OL across the board right now playing at full speed and force, we have a legit RB in moreno, a deep Versatile Wr core, A good FB, good special teams, a couple good DL players and Lb's, and some good young youth in the secondary. what we really need now is front seven DL and LB help, a qb, a rb and start building depth with youth
    The OL? The DL? LBs? Are you HIGHER THAN PETER TOSH??

In 2008, Cutler was sacked 11 times. Orton has been sacked 33 times and there's 4 games left to go.

In 2008 Denver, despite having a pass-happy attack that ranked them 2nd in the NFL in total offense, was 12th in rushing with 15 rushing TDs and a 117 ypg average.

In 2010, Denver is 29th in rushing, with 8 rushing TDs and an anemic 86 ypg average.

There's just no comparison! 2008's offensive line was a great strength on the team. Today the line is flat horrible. They can barely run the ball at all and they can't protect the passer worth a damn.

In short, the entire blocking scheme is going to have to be scrapped.

Meanwhile the Broncos lack a franchise QB (the most essential ingredient) (And NO! Tebow does NOT count since there's exactly ZERO evidence that he can ever become an elite franchise QB).

Denver's secondary was weak and is aging and may lack Champ Bailey next year. The DL has been the weakest link on a bottom-feeder team. Most of them will be lucky to have jobs in the NFL next year, with other teams.

Denver's defense is basically horrible (no change there they sucked under Shanny) but there's been ZERO improvement in 2 years. Their two best players Champ and Dawkins will soon qualify for medicare and DJ Williams has off-field issues. The rest (except Dumervil) flat suck.

Offensively Moreno has been a wasted pick so far (he may blossom in his 2nd season if he can stay healthy). Lloyd has made up some for losing Marshall, but Gaffney is nothing to write home about and Royal has stagnated.

In short, this team is a fire sale away from being swept into the rubbish heap! Probably at least 1/2 of all the starters will NOT return for next season -- and don't deserve to -- especially on defense.

When Shanny left he left players like Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler, Torain, and Hillis. Where is their like now? NOT ONE of those players has been replaced by anybody better and they are all performing well for other teams.

TOTAL DISASTER doesn't begin to describe this fiasco!
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-07-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

but to the new HC it wasnt and i dont fault him for that at all....now the hillis and cutler things that a different story.....and honestly we have the WR core making TE's obsolete, and even when gronk has been wide open orton still forces it to lloyd in double teams so even if sheff was here he wouldnt be used.....and his blocking skills would keep him off the field....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, I'll take Sharpe, Clark or Whitten over Richard Quinn and his world class blocking any day. Give me a tight end that can stretch the field.
    i hate richard quinn and he sucks at blcoking that was a horrible draft pick....but graham and gronk are very vaulable to this team....and gronk is showing he does have recieving skills when utilized...kyle just needs to open his eyes....sad for gronk he had to go to IR,but he did tough the game out sunday.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information