Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter reports Marshall suspended 3 games. 2 if he undergoes counseling

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Adam Schefter reports Marshall suspended 3 games. 2 if he undergoes counseling

Apparently on NFL Network Adam Schefter reported that Commissioner Roger Goodell will make the official announcement sometime in the next 2 days. Marshall will be suspended for 3 games. The suspension will be reduced to a 2 game suspension if he undergoes league mandated counseling.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network, who was doing double duty on Sunday night as the sideline reporter for NBC’s coverage of the Hall of Fame game, reports that Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall will be suspended three games by the NFL for violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Per Schefter, the suspension will be cut to two games if Marshall agrees to undergo counseling, presumably for anger management.

Marshall will be permitted to continue practicing with the team until the week before the first regular-season game.

This freaking sucks. Marshall should not be suspended, IMO. I hope that we can still beat the Raiders without him (which I think we can), because it would suck if we started the season 0-2. Without Marshall against the Chargers, our chances of beating them in week 2 are seriously diminished.
    Last edited by Italianmobstr7; 08-04-2008 at 12:08 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

We dodged a major bullet here. Looking at what happened with other players around the league(Sauerbrun), this very well could have been a 4 game suspension.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jay Cutler

Wow! that is a deal. Hurry up and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post

This freaking sucks. Marshall should not be suspended, IMO. I hope that we can still beat the Raiders without him (which I think we can), because it would suck if we started the season 0-2. Without Marshall against the Chargers, our chances of beating them in week 2 are seriously diminished.
    Two things...

1) Marshall should not have put himself in the situation to potentially get arrested. IMO, 2 games and a class is getting off easy.

2) Brandon Marshall will not be the difference in beating the Raiders, maybe the Chargers but after hearing all about our depth at WR, I am looking forward to seeing several targets out there for Cutler instead of one.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived TimBuff10 For This Post:

heres hoping he doesnt get caught doing something stupid yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    this is one post I completely agree with..

Lets hope that he does not do something stupid whether he gets caught or not..

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    We dodged a major bullet here. Looking at what happened with other players around the league(Sauerbrun), this very well could have been a 4 game suspension.
    I agree!

It could have been a lot worse, I just hope Marshall cleans up his act. I have a hard time rooting for thugs. I'm not saying Marshall is a thug but as far as I'm concerned, the verdict is still out.. I want to see his name on NFLN for scoring TD's instead of getting into trouble.

Beings the NFLN never seems to cover the Broncos, I suspect if it wasn't for the bad news we would never here anything about the Broncos, but I can live with that...

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

First it totally suck that he will miss the first two games which are divisional games. Second, I expected something and am happy it is only two. He should be happy he can get one game reduced by going to counseling because I have never heard a player get a deal like that before.

This better be the last time I hear him doing anything STUPID and getting suspended for it. At least this will give Royal some time to show what he can do.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

So he gets almost as much of a league sanction as Chris Henry? That's BS. FWIW, I had already lost all respect for Goodell as league commissioner due to his multiple, overt efforts to sweep the Pats' "Spygate" scandal under the rug in order to avoid handing down anything more than a tepid slap on the wrist.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

3 games it is. You reap what you sow. No need to sugarcoat it or make excuses or especially accuse Goodell of favoritism. That kind of talk is just straight up ludicrous.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    3 games it is. You reap what you sow. No need to sugarcoat it or make excuses or especially accuse Goodell of favoritism. That kind of talk is just straight up ludicrous.
    Yanno, I'd have no criticism of the suspension if the announcement came on the heels of a conviction re: the DUI (but what if he's acquitted? ???). But currently, Brandon's been found guilty of nothing. So... the question in my mind is... is he subject to another suspension if the jury finds him guilty? Or does this suspension cover everything that he has been accused of to date including the recent traffic infraction?

What bothers me about the whole deal is that Marshawn Lynch wasn't suspended/sanctioned at all.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

**edit**. oh well, could've been worse. (thank you rod smith) would of been nice to have him for the SD game. hope this woke his ass up.
    Last edited by Den21vsBal19; 08-04-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Circumventing Language Filter

20. The Following User High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    If not, he may need some of your Black Keys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Yanno, I'd have no criticism of the suspension if the announcement came on the heels of a conviction re: the DUI (but what if he's acquitted? ???). But currently, Brandon's been found guilty of nothing. So... the question in my mind is... is he subject to another suspension if the jury finds him guilty? Or does this suspension cover everything that he has been accused of to date including the recent traffic infraction?

What bothers me about the whole deal is that Marshawn Lynch wasn't suspended/sanctioned at all.
    Different circumstances for different people. We dont sit in on those meetings so its pretty sad that we would all spectulate as too what was involved in every one of those senarios. Adam Jones just showed a blatant disregard to anything the Commish has told him and ended up sitting out a year. Same with Henry. Neither one of those guys can stay out of trouble. Convictions really have nothing to do with it because the other 85% of the league doesnt get into the kind of trouble that some of these guys do on a regular basis. And yes, i believe the suspension is because of the AMOUNT of trouble that he is finding, not just a DUI.

Adopted Bronco:
    BMarsh

Truthfully now that i think about it....It should be okay as far as the team goes since we get 4 weeks or whatever to game plan without him.

We have plenty depth at the position so with a strong rushing attack and a great QB like Cutler and the fact that were @ HOME. I think we will be fine. Goodell is still a *****.

I guarantee we still kick the Chargers ass though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information